Wednesday, February 6, 2008






Personal Statement


“I have always been extremely interested in politics. When I find myself supporting a favorite candidate, I often become overcome by the same feelings that I do when following a favorite sports team. So, in some way, my desire to join student government is a selfish one: it is something that I simply want to do for personal satisfaction.

However, there is much more to it. The University of South Florida is about to enter an era that is going to be both extremely challenging and tremendously thrilling.

The challenge will come from upcoming budget crunches that will cause the students to make tough decisions about what they truly desire out of their university. I want to be the voice of my college when these challenges present themselves to be tackled.

The thrill will come from meeting previously unattained levels of achievement in sports and research. I want to be a leader in making sure each student in my college has firsthand participation in our university’s successes.

Joining the Senate is something very important to me. I want to take my responsibilities as a Senator to new heights and make as much progress on behalf of the student body as possible. I would hope that you see that my desires are well-intended and offer me your vote on February 26th and 27th.”